7.12.2011

Fresh & Easy

I'm not sure what to call this recipe...it's a really yummy-throw whatever you got in your cupboard-chicken salad. I got it from my mom, so here's the kudos to momma! It is seriously so simple, yet tastes so delicious and is a great summer meal option.

Ingredients:
*Chicken (I usually cook mine in the crock-pot the day that I'm making the chicken salad, and shred it. Use whatever amount you want--the more you make, obviously the more chicken salad you will end up with! There are no specific measurements to this recipe!)
*Whatever you want to throw in (nuts, grapes, craisins, water chestnuts, raisins, celery, etc...I'll show you what I put in mine this time around)
*Ranch dressing (until desired consistency...not too dry, not too saturated)...Ranch makes everything better, right?!
*Buns (my family loves it on croissants!!)

Here's pics of my most recent time of making it...(sorry they're so dark. I don't have very good lighting in my kitchen. I promise you it looks better in person and that it is very delicious!)


The chicken after it was cooked and shredded....ready for more ingredients to be added!

Craisins...

Cashews...

Water chestnuts (drained)...
 


 Grapes (halved)...



HyVee brand is just fine!


 Before adding the dressing...

After adding the Ranch...

And after completely mixing! I forgot to take a picture of it on an actual bun!


See how easy it is?! It is great leftover too...you can eat on it for quite a while! Pair it with chips and dip, fruit, etc., and it makes for such an easy-breezy, summer meal!

Let me know if you make it! Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy, Hannah! I may try it and stuff it into a tomato or avocado!

    ReplyDelete