5.19.2011

We all have a story...

So, I know you've heard about the Women of Faith conference this weekend and how much we loved it.  It was definitely wonderful to be there with some of the most important people in my life.

 My mother-in-law and I.

Smile pretty!

Like the good ol' days.

There were many speakers but the one I was most excited about was Angie Smith.  I was like a teenage girl at a Justin Beiber concert as I waited for her to go on stage.  She is an amazing woman of God that I have loved for the past three years after hearing the story of her daughter that was "incompatible with life".  If you haven't done so already, you should check out her story (under the tab "Audrey's Story").  INCREDIBLE.

She's so raw and real and is the epitome of what it means to lean on Christ during the storm.  She is open about her struggles and you feel her pain along with her.  I feel like I know her, as do many other woman across the country.


The best picture I could get of Angie, down by the ledge signing a book with her husband (Todd Smith of Selah). 

Besides Angie's portion of the conference, each speaker touched me in one way or another.  Luci Swindoll talked about her life and the adventure it's been.  She never married or had children but that has NOT held her back from God's blessings.  She talked about how we should pursue our God-given dreams and when someone asks us why we did, we can simply say, "Because no one told me I couldn't".  It was a beautiful story of a rich and abundant life, of living in the moment and appreciating every step along the way.  I hope that when I am her age, I can be even a little like her and look back on my life with pride and contentment.

Luci speaking.

Wells Fargo was packed!

The amazing worship team.

There was story after story of God's power in the midst of hardship, His love in the midst of pain and His redemption of tragedy.  I tell you what, if I was given the chance to stand in front of 5,000 women and talk about my Lord and Savior, I would make sure they know all that He has brought me OUT of, and the abundant life He has lead me IN to.

My relationship with Him is not a figment of my imagination and I could share time after time of His unfailing love just in my own life.  If you knew me before I became a Christian in high school, you will know I am a different person than I used to be.  He has brought me out of such dark places that I never could have walked alone.  Of course, I still have struggles like everyone else, but they aren't the same as they used to be. I am fulfilling my purpose in this World and have a life better than I could have ever dreamed.

Maybe someday soon, I will share my story more in depth with you.  But watching all these amazing women at WOF talk about the highs and lows of their faith-walk was so inspiring and encouraging to me. I could relate to so many of them.  I too, have a story to tell, that has shaped who I am and has brought such joy and fulfillment to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment